Priskin Joins The Loan Rangers - Tamas Signs From Ipswich


QPR have added to the growing army of loan players at Loftus Road by signing striker Tamas Priskin from Ipswich Town.

The 23-year-old Hungarian international follows striker Marcus Bent through the QPR doors today as Mick Harford looks to add to his striking options.

Priskin signed a loan deal which will keep him at the club until May 31st and could feature in Harford's starting line-up for the trip to bottom club Peterborough United on Saturday.

"I wasn't getting enough games at Ipswich, but hopefully I will get to play more with QPR," he said to http://www.qpr.co.uk/.

"I'm here to score goals and I'm confident I will do that if I get a run of games in the side.

"I want to give everything I can to QPR. This is a crazy Championship - and if we can get a few wins, we can move right up the table."

He joins fellow countryman Akos Buzsaky at Loftus Road and has his own impressive international scoring record with seven goals in 24 starts for the Magyars.

"It's great to have Akos at QPR with me," he said.

"I've never played with a fellow Hungarian in English football, so this should be a big help for me."

He started his career with Hungarian side Gyori ETO FC aged 15 before moving to England in 2006 to join Watford and went on to make 82 appearances for the Hornets before signing for Ipswich last summer.

He went on to make 19 appearances for Ipswich this term, scoring twice but his appearance in their 2-0 defeat at Preston on Saturday was his first since November.

"Tamas is a player we have been chasing for two or three weeks, and Roy Keane has thankfully let us have him," said manager Mick Harford to the club's website.

"He is a very, very talented boy, has great technique and can create chances for himself.

"He can hold up the ball, link the play, and if we can get balls into the box I'm sure we'll see a good return of goals."

QPR have a growing contingent of loan players, with six potential first-team players all on short-term deals, in most cases until the end of the season; Carl Ikeme, Matt Hill, Adel Taarabt, Jay Simpson, Marcus Bent and now Priskin.

Posted in Labels: |